Youth Leadership Academy
"YLA" is a leadership program designed to equip and empower students ages 14-24 in areas of leadership and personal development.
The program lasts 3 days in which youth will:
- develop a deeper understanding of God’s unique design for their life.
- leave the conference using Jesus as their ultimate role model.
- learn the principles of Biblical leadership.
- learn how to practice servant leadership.
- further discover their own passions and calling.
- be challenged to create action steps that involve contacting a local pastor/teacher and participating in a service project in their community.
Youth Ministry Leadership Training
"YMLT" is a program designed for local youth workers around the world.
- youth workers will increase their knowledge and skills in youth ministry
- local church will be equipped to do effective youth ministry in community
- youth discipleship will increase
- community investment in and involvement with youth will increase
- youth investment in and involvement with local church will increase
School of Youth Ministry Trainers
equipping leaders to train the next generation of youth workers
The Situation and The Vision
There are more young people in the world than ever before, creating unprecedented potential for the spread of the Gospel, church growth, and community development. There are about 1.8 billion young people between the ages of 10 and 24 – the largest youth population ever. Many of them are concentrated in developing countries. In fact, in the world’s 48 least developed countries, children or adolescents make up a majority of the population. Too many of these young people see their potential hindered by poverty, discrimination, or lack of opportunity. But with proper investment in their lives, these young people’s ideas, beliefs, and innovations could transform the future. Our vision is to see the lives of global youth transformed by local churches and leaders who have been equipped to meet their holistic needs. We could never accomplish this extraordinary vision alone. We need more leaders who can train the next generation of youth workers to reach the growing youth population.*
* Youth statistics published by the Office of the Secretary General’s Envoy on Youth
Our aim is to bring together Christian leaders who are passionate about reaching youth and equip them to lead contextually appropriate training programs for youth workers in their regions. As a learner-centered program, each session of The School of Youth Ministry Trainers begins with participants clarifying needs and desires—theirs and those of the youth in their local contexts. We aim to create a learning environment that is distraction free, a deeply relational community, filled with worship and Scripture, and focused on practical skills development. The program spans one year, including two separate on-site training sessions of about 10 days each, practical application work between sessions, and a final visit by trainers to observe the student leading a training program in their home area of ministry.
- Participants should have a heart for youth, youth ministry, and youth workers
- Participants need an appropriate context to implement their training
- Participants must be proficient in speaking and writing in English
- Participants must be 18 years or older
- Participants should have more than one year of youth ministry experience
- Participants must be willing to commit to the full year-long program
- Program Objectives
- Participants will understand and be able to communicate key youth ministry principles
- Participants will learn and practice a Dialogue Education approach to training
- Participants will become proficient in leading a Youth Ministry Leadership Training program
- Participants will experience a transformational learning environment that includes deep relationships, spiritual growth, coaching, and mentoring
The YouthHOPE team is uniquely equipped and qualified to provide specialized youth ministry consulting. We also offer other leadership and organizational development services such as strategic planning, coaching, mentoring, and more.
Please contact us about how we can customize our services for you.